Flint Knapping Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting a new course

2 posters

Go down

Starting a new course Empty Starting a new course

Post by kawasemi Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:24 am

I have tried for a couple of years to find a good basic Archaeology course. I thought I tracked one down with the OU...and then they closed it Mad

Success at last - I start a distance learning course at Exeter University next week Archaeological Techniques: an introduction followed by Understanding Human Environments in British Prehistory (if it runs in February) - a years worth of learning for £300 Shocked ...and I have been really lucky as my employer has footed the bill!!

I'm hoping the forum will be a useful resource as I start working through the course and if I need to choose some project work I'll try to build in some flint-knapping. I'll keep everyone posted (if there is interest and you all want me to Very Happy ).

ATB

kawasemi
kawasemi
kawasemi
Debitage Artist
Debitage Artist

Back to top Go down

Starting a new course Empty Re: Starting a new course

Post by grendel Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:20 am

I have a copy of The Archaeology Coursebook, by Jim Grant, Sam Gorin and Neil Fleming. Don't know if its on your reading list but I can let you have it. And probably a few more.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Archaeology-Coursebook-Introduction-Methods/dp/041546286X

What area of archaeology interest you?
grendel
grendel
Knap Meister
Knap Meister

http://www.prehistorics.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kawasemi Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:24 pm

Yes please, very good of you - it looks just the job. I'll send you a message.

I'm mostly interested in British pre-history and I am absolutely fascinated by the construction of henges and 'signs'/features left in the landscape by early Britons as it encompasses my passion for Geography as well.
kawasemi
kawasemi
Debitage Artist
Debitage Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum