Flint Knapping Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ground Breaking - Eolith Figurative Topology

4 posters

Go down

Ground Breaking - Eolith Figurative Topology  Empty Ground Breaking - Eolith Figurative Topology

Post by Portable Rock Art Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:19 am

Ground Breaking - Eolith Figurative Topology  P1040211Ground Breaking - Eolith Figurative Topology  P1040212

Easy pickings from a heritage site collected in a few minuets, they apparently have to use 'golden gravel' which is recovered from under the New Forest, and no doubt proceeding all theorized African emergence timelines. Although completely unstratified, these finds demonstrate something that can be achieved by anyone who cares to investigate, even without access to ancient stratified layers, just look for one simple shape.

Collected with the basic thumb shape in mind, modification details prove a topology beyond any fanciful interpretation.

So is this some kind of cheap trick? Yes and No, details prove modification and intent to produce a certain shape, however this is only a small glimpse at any topology in the materials, a bit like finding the arrow heads but ignoring the hand-axe's.

Portable Rock Art
Debitage Artist
Debitage Artist

Back to top Go down

Ground Breaking - Eolith Figurative Topology  Empty Re: Ground Breaking - Eolith Figurative Topology

Post by the barnacle Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:00 pm

not sure i understand it as it looks natural to me?
the barnacle
the barnacle
Knap Meister
Knap Meister

Back to top Go down

Ground Breaking - Eolith Figurative Topology  Empty Re: Ground Breaking - Eolith Figurative Topology

Post by Portable Rock Art Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:38 pm

the barnacle wrote:not sure i understand it as it looks natural to me?

Yes, however, topology and statistics prove that something is 'unnatural' here, chaos should not offer us structure so easily.

Do you notice how some of the finds have finger nail like features at the tips of them?

Portable Rock Art
Debitage Artist
Debitage Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.hertzian cone Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:49 pm

mr.hertzian cone
mr.hertzian cone
Knap Meister
Knap Meister

Back to top Go down

Post by grendel Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:52 am

LOL, very appropriate to this OP
grendel
grendel
Knap Meister
Knap Meister

http://www.prehistorics.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down