Flint Knapping Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bottle bottom point. First attempt at fluting.

2 posters

Go down

Bottle bottom point. First attempt at fluting. Empty Bottle bottom point. First attempt at fluting.

Post by megalithic Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:56 pm

Been a while since i attempted to knap a point from a bottle bottom so being off work ill i thought i'd have a go. Well the point came out way too thick in the body so i was going to discard it, then i thought why not try to flute it as it's going in the rubbish pile anyway. Anyway here's the result. it's nothing special of course but for a first attempt i was pretty chuffed.
I set up the nipple and smacked it with my smallest bopper over my flaking pad.

Bottle bottom point. First attempt at fluting. 2s8h6l3

Bottle bottom point. First attempt at fluting. 2n84wme

Bottle bottom point. First attempt at fluting. 2lsw1uv

I then took the point outside again to tidy up the bottom and dropped it. The tip broke off. Very Happy

megalithic
Debitage Artist
Debitage Artist

Back to top Go down

Bottle bottom point. First attempt at fluting. Empty Re: Bottle bottom point. First attempt at fluting.

Post by grendel Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:26 pm

That's pretty damn good, I'm terrible at fluting, scarred I'l break the piece, so don't hit hard enough and then get a dreadful 2/3cm flute. So I pretty much don't do it these days.
grendel
grendel
Knap Meister
Knap Meister

http://www.prehistorics.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Bottle bottom point. First attempt at fluting. Empty Re: Bottle bottom point. First attempt at fluting.

Post by megalithic Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:14 am

I don't think I'd have had the balls if the point was a keeper. Very Happy

megalithic
Debitage Artist
Debitage Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down