Flint Knapping Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do people only nap blades, and pointy things?

3 posters

Go down

Do people only nap blades, and pointy things? Empty Do people only nap blades, and pointy things?

Post by Mujician Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:56 am

I was wondering if anyone here snapped anything other than arrowheads or blades? Ornamental things, for necklaces etc? I'd be very interested in seeing some of this work.

Mujician
Debitage Artist
Debitage Artist

Back to top Go down

Do people only nap blades, and pointy things? Empty Re: Do people only nap blades, and pointy things?

Post by grendel Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:38 pm

I have made some arrowhead necklaces for people, also a letter opener, no pics though. Artwork in flint is common from prehistoric to modern times: Mayan eccentrics, strange Russian triangular thingies, eskimo flint men and in modern times, Brandon flint novelties, wall facings and letters. There are pics on this site of most of them.
grendel
grendel
Knap Meister
Knap Meister

http://www.prehistorics.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Do people only nap blades, and pointy things? Empty Re: Do people only nap blades, and pointy things?

Post by the barnacle Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:45 pm

i have seen some nice ornamental items online - but the Alphabet is one of the things i like the best.
the barnacle
the barnacle
Knap Meister
Knap Meister

Back to top Go down

Post by grendel Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:43 pm

grendel
grendel
Knap Meister
Knap Meister

http://www.prehistorics.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by the barnacle Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:03 am

I had forgot about this thread, do you think they knapped the horse?
the barnacle
the barnacle
Knap Meister
Knap Meister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down